Kusari Funding War Efforts Against Corsairs

Please create any strictly RP threads here.
Note: This forum is only for in-game RP activity. All off-topic posts will be deleted or moved.
Kraiz
In-Game Name: kraizer
Favorite Ship: Liberty Cruiser

Kusari Funding War Efforts Against Corsairs

Post by Kraiz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 am

About an hour ago, in the distant borderworld system of Omicron Gamma, a large bounty hunter task force, bound for the Corsair installation, Tripoli Shipyard, were destroyed. The task force seemed to have been seperated and picked off one by one by the Corsair's home defense fleet, spearheaded by the Battleship Entero. Shortly after the Bounty-Hunter's GUild fleet was destroyed, a number if images flowed into our news office. One of the most grim, is the Battleship Entero destroying a Kusari Battleship. This raises questions as to whether the Kusari Naval Forces are funding Bounty Hunter operations in the Omicrons. Among the other victims was a Kusari Destroyer, pictured below as well, a Kusari Gunboat, and 3 Liberty Cruisers. The engagement lasted about 10 minutes. Tripoli Shipyard, took little to no damage from the assault, and what little damage was done, was swiftly repaired.

The Battleship was estimated to have had a total of 250 crew members onboard.

The failure of the BHG's assault has many people wondering the same question. Why would Kusari trust their most prized capital ships in the hands of the Bounty Hunters, only to have them destroyed? The Liberty Cruisers that were destroyed were rumoured to have been been purchased from the Liberty Navy directly.

OOC: Best you not ask why I only have 3 guns in the 2nd pic . . .It involved a fuse-dock that happened due to intense lag for a brief time. Oh, and that Kusari 88 Flak turret is from the BS I ravaged ;) (A trophy of sorts)
"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."

Wolf_Beta_371
In-Game Name: Wolf_Beta_371
Favorite Ship: Kusari Cruiser
Location: Somewhere in Kusari, usually...I mean, when people are around, anyway

Re: Kusari Funding War Efforts Against Corsairs

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:51 am

At the moment, the Kusari Navel Forces is waging war against the Bounty Hunters due to their semi-illegal nature, and the fact that several, if not the majority of them, are ex-criminals.
As for the Capital ships, it is unknown how the Bounty Hunters were capable of owning such ships, but it's possible that they might have reverse engineered these ships off of pieces from several wrecks. The KNF will investigate this matter in further detail, and look on tightening their security measures to prevent this...unfortunate lapse of security from happening again.
~Captain of the Corsair Imperial Force~
orangecreamie wrote:Someone once taught me... we must all have the courage to stand up in room full of people and shout; 'Why we doin' this?!'
For that is the essential question; why... why are we doin' what we doin'.

Fagu_Aegeis

Post by Fagu_Aegeis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Meanwhile, in the "Infiltrator"...

Crew member: Yo! Fagu!
Fagu_Aegeis: Yo dude!
Crew member: Kraizer is now with the Corsairs.
Fagu_Aegeis:/me Image
Skype chat wrote: Mr._Kitteh: So, like it?
Doggy: Father my children.
Mr._Kitteh: I will, dont worry ;P

Wolf_Beta_371

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Fagu_Aegeis wrote:WIN!
:mrgreen:
orangecreamie wrote:Someone once taught me... we must all have the courage to stand up in room full of people and shout; 'Why we doin' this?!'

Seth
Kate Seth
In-Game Name: Seth
Favorite Ship: Centi

Post by Seth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Wolf_Beta_371 wrote:

OOC:
Kraizer dude i'm not looking forward in screwing your roleplay but in Canon the Bounty Hunters don't own Capital Ships of Any kind.
You are the sum of your decisions. -Aristotle

Dojutrek
In-Game Name: Dojutrek
Favorite Ship: Hell If I know...

Post by Dojutrek » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Kate wrote:
Wolf_Beta_371 wrote:

OOC:
Kraizer dude i'm not looking forward in screwing your roleplay but in Canon the Bounty Hunters don't own Capital Ships of Any kind.
OOC:
Personally Kate, You should put any future "Canon" discussions in the realms of "Fan Fiction". It's pointless to argue "Canon" as Mods screwed it over a long time ago. Even Flak as boned canon with the addition of Bots and allowing factions to fly everything a player can.

Just saying... :?

Seth
Kate Seth
In-Game Name: Seth
Favorite Ship: Centi

Post by Seth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:00 pm

OOC:
Personally Kate, You should put any future "Canon" discussions in the realms of "Fan Fiction". It's pointless to argue "Canon" as Mods screwed it over a long time ago. Even Flak as boned canon with the addition of Bots and allowing factions to fly everything a player can.

Just saying... :?

:P
True.
Also we could start talking about explosions in space. Or just fire in space. Ever seen how a ship ignites in FL? Ever thought where from all that Oxygen comes from :D ? (Oxygen is needed to maintain fire.)
You are the sum of your decisions. -Aristotle

Fagu_Aegeis

Post by Fagu_Aegeis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Dont get Doju started about it.

You know what could happen...
Skype chat wrote: Mr._Kitteh: So, like it?
Doggy: Father my children.
Mr._Kitteh: I will, dont worry ;P

Zeus
In-Game Name: Zeus
Favorite Ship: Sabre, VHF's ftw

Post by Zeus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Hmm. You'd think Kusari would be uninterested in the Corsairs, looking at the impact Cardamine has had on them.
Regards,
Zeus

Wolf_Beta_371

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Yeah, we have a pretty much zero interest surrounding the Corsairs at the moment. The Outcasts are a bigger threat, due to them being in very close proximity to the Sigma systems.

Kraiz
In-Game Name: kraizer
Favorite Ship: Liberty Cruiser

Post by Kraiz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:18 pm

If the outcasts are your primary target, why would you sell capital ships to a 3rd party to attack one of their enemies?
"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."

ViRuS
In-Game Name: Yalalalala
Favorite Ship: Sabre - Kusari/Corsair Ships

Post by ViRuS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Wolf_Beta_371 wrote:As for the Capital ships, it is unknown how the Bounty Hunters were capable of owning such ships, but it's possible that they might have reverse engineered these ships off of pieces from several wrecks. The KNF will investigate this matter in further detail, and look on tightening their security measures to prevent this...unfortunate lapse of security from happening again.
Totally not an old sig.

Lunamon
System Chat Extraordinaire

Post by Lunamon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:02 pm

◎☆○◇□△«»±∞§×♭♪*©®™^ºª¥£€¢$←→↑↓λ

That's what I think of this thread.

ViRuS
In-Game Name: Yalalalala
Favorite Ship: Sabre - Kusari/Corsair Ships

Post by ViRuS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Is what I think about what Con said.
Totally not an old sig.

nerd1000
Favorite Ship: Storage Depot...

Post by nerd1000 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:05 pm

as far as the fire is concerned, it could be not really fire. a fusion reactor (which, according to infocards, powers freelancer ships) would emit superheated (1000000 degrees C +) plasma that, once it had cooled somewhat, would look a lot like fire from a distance. the plasma would, however, simply jet out of the ship in a straight line, rather than a trail. guns , just for the record, do work in space, because the explosives in modern firearms use decomposition rather tnan combustion reactions, and even gunpowder firarms would work because gunpowder contains potassium nitrate (KNO3) that decomposes and releases oxygen.
Banish Your Fear