History of Sirius.

Please create any strictly RP threads here.
Note: This forum is only for in-game RP activity. All off-topic posts will be deleted or moved.
Wolf_Beta_371
In-Game Name: Wolf_Beta_371
Favorite Ship: Kusari Cruiser
Location: Somewhere in Kusari, usually...I mean, when people are around, anyway

Re: History of Sirius.

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 am

So that would be....808AS.
~Captain of the Corsair Imperial Force~
orangecreamie wrote:Someone once taught me... we must all have the courage to stand up in room full of people and shout; 'Why we doin' this?!'
For that is the essential question; why... why are we doin' what we doin'.

Freuds
In-Game Name: Freuds
Favorite Ship: Pursuit Drake

Post by Freuds » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 am

Fagu_Aegeis wrote:Just take the year of the game, and add the years of 88Flak development. Better, from the release of the game till today.
Well, I don't know.

Maybe Flak is supposed to exist several years after the events in vanilla.

Why shouldn't it...

And, btw: where the heck are those super-informative databases on the Freelancer Universe's history?

Wolf_Beta_371

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am

orangecreamie wrote:Someone once taught me... we must all have the courage to stand up in room full of people and shout; 'Why we doin' this?!'

Dojutrek
In-Game Name: Dojutrek
Favorite Ship: Hell If I know...

Post by Dojutrek » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 am

Freuds wrote:
Fagu_Aegeis wrote:Just take the year of the game, and add the years of 88Flak development. Better, from the release of the game till today.
Well, I don't know.

Maybe Flak is supposed to exist several years after the events in vanilla.

Why shouldn't it...

And, btw: where the heck are those super-informative databases on the Freelancer Universe's history?
Freuds, We're considering the universe in Standardized years, meaning 365 days. It's just how the original developers decided to reflect the time frame and I don't see an issue with that.

As for the Super-Informative Databases, there are only two known to exist. Both of which were created by Chris Todd a designer on the FL project.
Actually, I didn't use that site for my data. I used the PDF's for Liberty and Nomad history.

orangecreamie

Post by orangecreamie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:20 am

...I can add a clock to the map.

Freuds

Post by Freuds » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Dojutrek wrote:Actually, I didn't use that site for my data. I used the PDF's for Liberty and Nomad history.
...these two?

http://www.7crows.com/files/Freelancer% ... erview.pdf
http://www.7crows.com/files/Freelancer% ... action.pdf

Dojutrek

Post by Dojutrek » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes. Granted, they don't have the proper in-game names, but they were designed for Freelancer and that is enough.

Freuds

Post by Freuds » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 pm

I think they are well-written.
And - after all (and if I'm not mistaken) the only authorative documents we have available...

Kraiz
In-Game Name: kraizer
Favorite Ship: Liberty Cruiser

Post by Kraiz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Congratulations, you all have spent 1 and a half pages discussing what year it is.

808 AS, simple as that. ODne. No more.

@Kate's OP
Why the numerous "WTF is SDS?" references all over the forum? Just because we're not invanilla doesn't mean we can't exist. We're a behind-the-scenes neutral, order-like faction in essence. It's perfectly plausible what our story/ background is, so I see no need to knitpick over tiny shit that doesn't matter.
"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."

Wolf_Beta_371

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 pm

In all honesty, all clans with the exception of the KNF aren't vanilla, I don't see what the issue is... :?:

Dojutrek

Post by Dojutrek » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Kraizer wrote:Congratulations, you all have spent 1 and a half pages discussing what year it is.

808 AS, simple as that. ODne. No more.
Kraizer, some people are under the assumption that time runs differently in Sirius or the events of the game are set in a different year. Simply put, clearing that up should be the first priority for any RP.

Seth
Kate Seth
In-Game Name: Seth
Favorite Ship: Centi

Post by Seth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:38 am

Kraizer wrote: @Kate's OP
Why the numerous "WTF is SDS?" references all over the forum? Just because we're not invanilla doesn't mean we can't exist. We're a behind-the-scenes neutral, order-like faction in essence. It's perfectly plausible what our story/ background is, so I see no need to knitpick over tiny shit that doesn't matter.
Simply put you don't have the numbers to be an order like faction. You don't have the numbers to be a real faction. Most of the clans around here are jokes. That is because i believe that you need a lot of people and pilots to be a real deal in the Sirius Sector.

-Well you don't have a real base(All factions have at least one).
-You don't have AI that fight for you(Your faction has the same numbers as your clan. 20[Aproximate number, didn't bother on surfing to your clan page.] and some are inactive.) tho you god mod the AI Factions in your favor.(Which if you ask me is quite annoying.)

I don't call these things tiny shit that doesn't matter. How can in RP 20 people involve in the Sirius Sector's Wars and such. Pretty off. I suggest you get a base in a newly discovered system that is populated with your AI. And make your AI perfectly able to appear as the Nomads do only they are neutral to everyone and fight only nomads? Keeping track of your diplomacy is kinda hard and all clans hostile to you will just kill one of your members until they get hostile to the SDS faction(Like SirPaper and Wolf.) or get rep set by one of the admins. There are a number of ways to do this.

I only wrote the above because i'm freaked out RP-wise. Not to throw something at the clan.
You are the sum of your decisions. -Aristotle

Wolf_Beta_371

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:01 pm

So what you mean is that each clan should have their own AI faction as well? Yeah, I think KJ is working on something like that, along with placing clan bases on the map for the clans to use.

Seth
Kate Seth
In-Game Name: Seth
Favorite Ship: Centi

Post by Seth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Wolf_Beta_371 wrote:So what you mean is that each clan should have their own AI faction as well? Yeah, I think KJ is working on something like that, along with placing clan bases on the map for the clans to use.
I'm saying that not vanilla based clans are odd at now. They don't appear on infocards, nor in bars, they don't have AI, no bases and are plain nomadic or side with the lawful/unlawfuls. They god mod the factions without a ruleset or a Game-Master for that matter and it annoys me as a heavily involved RP player. How can they involve in interplanetary matter and external affairs when they don't have a base.
I don't want them out of the game.
I want people to be able to come with their own little bit at the story of 88 Flak but that can't be done without rules (A Game master, an whole set of rules for making a not vanilla faction.)
You are the sum of your decisions. -Aristotle

Kraiz
In-Game Name: kraizer
Favorite Ship: Liberty Cruiser

Post by Kraiz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 pm

@Kate's post.

I had this big, long, ban-tastic post ready, and was fully prepared for the ban that would ensure, But I just figured it'd start you ranting about pseudo-RP again. So, I'm just going to say this:

You say that your clan embodies a faction, yet mine does not. You point out the issue of the clan fighting on the Faction's behalf, and so on. I'd like to point one thing out.

Where were your KNF NPC's when you attacked Edinburgh?
Where were your KNF NPC's when you attacked Holstein?
Where were your Hacker NPC's when you attacked the Shetland?
Where were your Hacker NPC's when you attacked Perth?
Where were your LN/LPI NPC's when you attacked Edinburgh?
Where were your MDF NPC's when you attacked Cambridge?

Get the point, yet? Or should I continue?

You claim to embody a faction, yet the faction does not do the things you do, and vice versa. You only share the same name, nothing more. You fly the same ships as the faction, big whoop.

So lets pretend your KNF clan IS the KNF faction and all like you pretend it is. How can only 3 Kusari Naval Forces ships manage to launch an invasion against Rheinland? They may be down and all, but 3 ships? Even the Junkers can beat back 3 ships.

Faction-based clans are meant to conform to the Faction, not vice versa. If you want to do what you want to do, stop hiding behind your pseudo-RP, Factional NPCs, and stations, and make an original clan that's not loosely based on some Discovery clan / faction.

/rant and GG
"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."