The Shadow

Please create any strictly RP threads here.
Note: This forum is only for in-game RP activity. All off-topic posts will be deleted or moved.
Loki
Favorite Ship: A few of them.

The Shadow

Post by Loki » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Vanish landed his ship on the platform outside the Rufenholt, his favorite bar on Hamburg. He had arrived out of New Berlin six months ago after his ordered transfer by the Rheinland Police. He sat down and grabbed a dark beer from the bar and turned his attention to the news.

"...the current raid/homicide investigation. There is suspicion that the Red Hessians were the masterminds behind this tragedy. It seems that the new mayor of the Rostbern City was the target of this raid. He managed to escape and make it to the nearest police station injured and bleeding before collapsing from blood loss. He has been rushed to the Rostbern Memorial Hospital. We'll have more of this after the police continue their investigation. Now your weather report."

"Thank you Hilde. As we have been watching this winter front move in, all we can say is bundle up because we have a major snowstorm on its way here and the chances of power loss are significant. To all you space-faring folk, Keep your ships moving because it's possible flights could be..."

Vanish looked deeply into his beer. "Not another damn blizzard. I'm tired of shoveling snow..." he muttered to himself, his deep, growling voice fading as he looked out the window. "Maybe I'll stay in a hotel on Altona until this blows over because I know I'll get called on. I just wish the chief would hurry up and get me my Deimos. This old Starblazer is starting to fall apart."

Vanish was a special kind of cop. He was always called on to move around more than most others. Hell, more than most of the Rheinland Military Personnel. He sighed and turned to leave for the landing pad. His commlink started beeping.

"Special Agent Vanish- Oh, hey babe. What are you up to Angelika?" he said, his voice cheering up a bit. It had been a couple months since his girl Angelika Hoffman had contacted him. She was a Bounty Hunter and had recently been assigned to Bering to hunt Unioners.

"Just returned from Bering. Met some nice Hunter's Girls too. They were fun." she stated in a seductive tone.

"You'll have to introduce me sometime then. That way we can have fun together. Any men you like out there in the independent worlds?" he asked. There was no relationship other than a friends with benefits deal, but they enjoyed it. They had too much movement involved in their work to really do much settling down with anyone. A pair of swingers who had high-profile jobs and grew up together. The relationship was closer then most friends with benefits, but they weren't ready to settle in monogamy yet.

Vanish and Angelika continued a meaningless conversation for a good twenty minutes before Vanish would take off again to see what he could find about the raid and the Hessians.
[color=yellow]Light[/color] and[color=violet] Dark[/color] are simply different sides of the same coin.

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/103/7/6/My_Gaming_Signature_by_StarHawk4025.jpg[/img]

Kraiz
In-Game Name: kraizer
Favorite Ship: Liberty Cruiser

Re: The Shadow

Post by Kraiz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:58 pm

OOC: Nice seeing you back Loki, look forward to seeing you in-game.
"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."

Wolf_Beta_371
In-Game Name: Wolf_Beta_371
Favorite Ship: Kusari Cruiser
Location: Somewhere in Kusari, usually...I mean, when people are around, anyway

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:05 pm

OOC: Yay! Another flak member has returned! :)
~Captain of the Corsair Imperial Force~
orangecreamie wrote:Someone once taught me... we must all have the courage to stand up in room full of people and shout; 'Why we doin' this?!'
For that is the essential question; why... why are we doin' what we doin'.

Loki

Post by Loki » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Vanish had just received a message from the Chief letting him know that, while his Deimos was ready, he'd still have to foot the bill. Vanish, quite annoyed at the revelation, realized how much work he may need to do to get the ship. A major load of freelancing. He contacted Angelika.

"Hey, babe." he stated, smiling.

"What's up? she asked, smiling on her end too.

"Well, the chief just informed me that I'll have to foot the bill for the Deimos, so, do you know any targets that give decent bounties?"

"Ouch, those are damn expensive ships. Well, I'm sure if you can catch some Hessians and Bundschuh that could always pay well." she replied.

"Thanks for the info. How long before you return to Hamburg?" he asked, dissatisfied with his latest fling. It was too... plain.

"Maybe a week or so. Not sure yet, sorry." She said dejectedly. "I'll see if I can get some leave to come by. Or if you can hit Bering, that'd be cool."

"We'll see, Angelika. I'll see what I can do." he replied, feeling stupid for forgetting how close Hamburg was to Bering.

The hotel room he had chosen had a very nice view of his region of Planet Hamburg, and he sighed as he saw the massive blizzard still sitting over his town, where it had been for two weeks already.

"Well, here we go. Off to get some cash." he muttered to himself.
[color=yellow]Light[/color] and[color=violet] Dark[/color] are simply different sides of the same coin.

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/103/7/6/My_Gaming_Signature_by_StarHawk4025.jpg[/img]

Loki

Post by Loki » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm

O.O.C.: If anyone wants to take on the role of this character, let me know. I think this could be quite fun. Also. Vanish is on the Non-Jay's server.

After finally earning enough credits to purchase and outfit a Deimos, Vanish smiled as he gazed at the beauty of his new ship. He had just returned from Battleship Westfalen to Altona after smoking a few pirates. It was hard to turn this ship, but it packed enough punch for him. It wasn't horribily slow, just more so than the Starblazer he had been flying for the last two years. He had to get used to his new ship now.

Vanish glanced up at the holo-screen and watched the news article.

"...has finally been captured thanks to the efforts of the citizens of Hamburg and some tips the local swat team had been given. The Hessians behind the attempted assassination had been apprehended after a violent shootout in an abandoned apartment building in Rostbern. We have just... Oh my God!! Somebody help us-" the news broadcast was cut short as a Sabre piloted by a Red Hessian had just fired on the news room. Vanish dropped his glass, Choking on his beer. It shattered on the floor of Altona's bar as he stared in shock.

"Who the hell is that insane bastard?" Vanish shouted. The others in the bar stared in shock as the heavy snow from the blizzard came blowing into the news room. The ship forced its way into the news room, landing heavily on the floor. The cockpit hissing open as the pilot, wrapped in heavy winter gear with a pair of ski goggles and thick winter cap walked toward one of the active cameras. He smiled an evil smile, his white beard blowing in the winter wind. The cloak he was wearing over his flight suit and dark brown trench coat whipped around, revealing a heavy blaster strapped to his hip.

"Come and get me Vanish! Ha ha ha ha!" the Hessian laughed into the camera. The wind knocked it over, providing a profile view of the Hessian's boots, which had thick gray fur puffing out over the tops. The feet came to the camera and kicked it, distorting the image. The sound of a blaster charging was heard, and a heavy, searing howl as the shot destroyed the camera.

Video was gone, but through the audio, one could hear the Sabre's engines firing up and the cockpit snapping shut. A loud roar fried the microphones in the news room, and the speakers for the holo-screen, sparks spilling onto the bar.

"Who the hell is that and why does he know me?" growled Vanish, gripping his blaster in rage. It was the same make and model as the one the Hessian had. Whoever he was, he knew the same custom gunsmith as Vanish, and, had either bought it from Reinhardt, or, killed him and stolen it. That was more likely, seeing as how that Hessian had just slaughtered the news crew without a known reason.

Vanish growled in rage, his deep voice startling the others near him in the bar. He crushed his cigarette in his right hand, not even noticing the pain. He marched heavily out to the launchpad and prepared to brave the blizzard on Hamburg...

Loki

Post by Loki » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Vanish grimaced as his Deimos shook violently from the winds of the Blizzard on Hamburg. He landed his ship outside his favorite bar and took the elevator upstairs to his apartment. He opened the door and saw that his apartment was in shambles. Chairs and the like scattered and broken all around. The windows had been shattered and cold, harsh wind blasted into his home. Snow was piled three feet high on his bed, and his various electronic trinkets sparking with broken arcs. His mini-bar was untouched, save for a single note written on whiskey-stained paper in bright red ink.

"I came here looking for you, but you weren't home. So, I helped myself to your more useful items and a couple bottles of whiskey. Oh, heh heh, and sorry about the window. There wasn't another way in, so I decided to make one. I hope you don't miss your portable cloak too much. Very useful device that. One more thing. If you want to ensure your lady-friend's safety, don't go near her for a while. Although, she is quite a beauty. Perhaps I can add her to my harem. Yeah, I like that idea..."

~The Hessian on TV.

Vanish glared at the note, his fingers freezing from the cold wind that was blasting in. The Hessian was courteous enough to leave his trench coat and cloak, but Vanish's portable music player was gone. His collection of sharp objects, daggers, knives, and throwing weapons, was scattered on the floor. A picture of himself before the accident with Angelika and another girl in swimwear was on the floor, the glass from the frame shattered with a few shards sticking out. He was hoping the Hessian was referring to the blonde girl on the right who left Rheinland eight years for parts unknown, but had a sickening feeling that the Hessian meant Angelika.

Angelika was extremely attractive, with a body that most girls would kill for, and fire-orange hair. She had blue eyes, and perfect skin. If Vanish were fully human, his hazel eyes would be colored a blood red right around the pupil. However, due to an accident, Vanish was given several cybernetic augmentations. He had lost his left arm, right leg, and both eyes in the investigation of a case turned sour. Sure, Vanish had succeeded in capturing the Unioner spy, but, he had been chasing the woman into a ship-metals factory where she had planted explosives in the forge-pots, causing red-hot metals to fly at Vanish, cutting off his leg and arm and burning out his eyes. The woman had been caught by her own trap and wound up with a broken spine, unable to move, and Vanish called in backup as Angelika gave him as much medical attention as she could.

When he got his new eyes, they were the original Hazel color, but they didn't change color like normal Hazels did. His black hair was pulled into a braided ponytail, and there was metal around his right and left eyes from where the doctors had to cut down to the bone to replace them with cybernetic ones. He took the picture out of the frame and put it in his black leather trench coat's inside pocket, from which he would hag it in his Deimos later. He would have teared up a bit at the sight of the picture and the remembrance of the accident, but, due to the cybernetic replacements, there were no tear ducts or anything to cry with. His anger was at a scary level now. For his body temperature, which normally rose, was almost below average for a human. He was past the "heated" stage and in the midst of the cold-blooded killer-like stage. He would find this bastard and kill him.

Vanish put his ski goggles on and wrapped his chin, which had a black goatee, in his heavy black scarf, masking his face.

"That bastard is dead, and if he hurts Angelika, I'll kill him twice." he growled, his deep voice emitting a killer's intent and dwarfing the sound of the wind blasting into his apartment. He tightened his fingerless gloves and grabbed his various daggers and knives, as well as throwing weapons, placing them in various concealment positions inside his cloak and on the belt of his trench coat.

Before he became a Special Operations Agent in 800 AS, he was a renowned assassin known in all sectors of Sirius and was captured and imprisoned by Rheinlanders, where he was offered an early release in exchange for using his services and skills to capture the nastiest of Rheinlandic criminals. He took the job eagerly, proud to be permitted to use his skills for something more... morally right. Not even counting the pay he received. Once he saw the 500,000 credit reward for his first contract and the promise of early release, he told them he would do whatever they needed. He was so trusted now, that he didn't need people following him, which was fine, since his methods were often more... unorthodox than typical cops. That is the very reason he was permitted entry into the RFBE (Rheinland Federal Bureau of Emendation) It was a dark, underground organization used to essentially cleanse and improve Rheinland with methods that would often make normal Military and Police operatives puke their guts out.

Vanish, now set on killing this Low-Born Hessian Bastard, left his apartment to return to his landing pad. On his way down, at the 6th floor, the elevator stopped to pick up another passenger. Standing on the right of the glass elevator, Vanish waited for the elevator to start moving again. He turned around only to see Angelika standing there, getting ready to go to his apartment.

"Angelika!? Why are you here?" Vanish asked, surprised.

"I was coming to your apartment to see you. Why?" she asked, shocked at his reaction to seeing her.

"It's pointless. The place was ransacked by a Hessian who attacked the Rostbern news room two hours ago." he replied, forgetting the threat in the note.

"That's why I came here. I saw that broadcast too. What do you say we hunt him down together?" she asked, smiling hopefully. "Wait, you mean he attacked your apartment!?" she stared.

"Yeah, very recently too. There are still burning holes in the wall from his ship's laser cannons." suddenly remembering the threat, "Angelika, I'd love for you to help, but he threatened you directly. Hell, if he or one of his cronies sees us in this elevator- GET DOWN!" he shouted, noticing a rifle flash from four blocks away. The projectile shattered the glass and caught Angelika in the chest, damaging her heart. She collapsed and coughed up blood as the elevator stopped between floors. They were stuck there. suddenly, Vanish's commlink started beeping, and Vanish activated it.

"Well, looks like I won't be adding your lady-friend to my harem after all. Too bad. She was such a beauty too..." the Hessian stated playfully in his gruff voice, followed by laughter. "You have a reason to find me now. Ha ha ha ha!" the link was disconnected, and silence ensued, complimented only by the sound of harsh winter winds blowing. Vanish activated the commlink again and contacted emergency personnel.

"My name is Vanish Vretzclough. I am in an elevator between the 6th and 5th floors of the Rostbern Condominiums. I have a jump pack of sorts, and I can jump down to the 1st floor and meet you there." he kills the channel and jumps out the window of the elevator.

He activates the jump pack, a high-powered compressed air "jetpack" and lands safely on the floor with Angelika in his arms, unconscious. Within minutes, emergency personnel arrive and take her to a nearby hospital. He watched the hover-ambulance head to Rostbern Memorial, and got into his Deimos. The time to find that bastard was now. Angelika was likely to get a cybernetic heart after this, but at least she'd live through it...

Loki

Post by Loki » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 am

Vanish had grown fed up with the sluggish response time of the Deimos. So, he headed to Sigfried's to replace it with a Stealth Banshee. He was curious to how a lighter stealth fighter would handle, seeing as how he was only used to slower, heavier craft. The Chief had cost him a fortune by encouraging the purchase of his Deimos. He took the photo from his trench coat pocket and placed it in the cockpit of the Light fighter, hanging from the upper section of the control panel. Besides, if he wanted to catch that bastard Hessian who had almost cost him Angelika, he needed something faster.

Sure there was less armor, but if he could maneuver it right, it wouldn't matter. After getting money back from the expensive Deimos at Sigfried's, he headed over to Rostbern Memorial Hospital to check up on Angelika. When he got to her room, however, he was in for a rude surprise. The Hessian got there first and took her to whatever hole he was hiding in, likely to add her to his "Harem." Rage again clouded Vanish's vision as he saw another note left on whiskey-stained paper in red ink.

"Well, friend, it seems you were a little late in meeting your lady-friend. She's going with me now, so, I suggest you leave her be. You see, seeing you again may not be a good think for you. Also, in case you're worried I had the decency to wait on the surgery to be completed. It was successful too. So, she's in good health now. Heh heh. So, good luck finding me, although when you do I can't guarantee she'll want to leave with you. You see, when a man's got it, he's got it. And I already know she's a hunter, so, perhaps with some colorful convincing, she can help me and my brothers out. OR perhaps only some cash would be necessary to sway her. Good hunting, my friend. Ha ha ha!"

~The Hessian on TV.

Vanish screamed in rage, forgetting where he was. This bastard would not have Angelika so easily he believed. A nurse came running in to see what was wrong.

"Sir, is everything alright? I heard-" her voice trailed off as he turned around slowly. One could almost see the energy of his rage and hatred around him, his cybernetic eyes emitting a cold, deadly glare as his body seemed to pulsate with dark fire around him. The nurse slowly backed out, not taking her eyes off him. When she reached the door, he heard her run. He listened to see what would happen.

"Doctor! Angelika is gone! And there's a really scary man there with a note in his hand!" she panted, shaking with fear.

The doctor walked calmly to room 638 to see what was the matter. He stared in shock.

"Vanish!? Is it really you? Uhm, how are your cybernetics doing?" he asked carefully.

"Not good enough to protect Angelika, but otherwise fine." he growled, his death-glare steady and unfaltering.

"I see. Well, good luck, and I hope you find her." the doctor stated with concern, as he turned to leave.

"Doc." Vanish stated.

The doctor turned around. "Yes?"

"Is there anything you can do to improve my cybernetics?" Vanish asked, that feeling of rage still holding fast. The imaginary field was still surrounding him, burning the floor beneath him with invisible flames of hatred and intent to kill.

"Yes, but I'll contact you after I get off tonight. I'll be out at 20:00." The doctor replied, not waiting for thanks.

Vanish nodded, crushing the note in his cybernetic arm. If only it were rock, then he could turn it to dust.

~5 hours later~

Vanish was waiting outside the hospital, the blizzard finally gone before the coming spring. When the Doctor came out, he nodded to Vanish and led him to his hovercar.

After 15 minutes of silent travel time, they arrived at the Doc's house, where he kept certain... projects quiet. Once they were inside, Doc motioned to his basement door. The two descended the steps into darkness until they reached the bottom of the stairs. Once there, fluorescent lights flashed on, momentarily overloading Vanish's cybernetic eyes. There was a table the doctor motioned to, and Vanish, still silent, walked over to it and laid down. The doctor grabbed some tools and cybernetic parts and walked over to it and begin to work.

Several hours had passed, the Hamburg sun slowly rising on the horizon, and the doctor had finished his work. He had replaced the cybernetic leg with a more advanced bio-mechanical one. The upgrade also affected Vanish's other leg, improving his running and jumping ability. His legs were now both bio-mechanically upgraded, and could now triple his combat readiness. For the arm, the doctor integrated some weaponry and set it up to make it bio-mechanical, much like Vanish's legs, using a similar framework to his good leg for his other arm. With his eyes, he added reduced light sensitivity, night vision, and thermal scopes. The bio-mechanical upgrades allowed him to feel in his missing parts again, and enhanced all of his strength.

Vanish was now a capable killing machine, more so than just a few hours previous.

"You're lucky I am off today my friend, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to help you. We all know who you're after, and I have to warn you. The RFBE may even discharge you for this case. For such a trivial matter as you being too close to it. So, Here's some extra cash to use only in an emergency. Also, these parts I gave you, are like the ones I have, but more powerful. Mine are simply to overthrow the birth defects I had which rendered me unable to use my arms or legs. So, I know they work. These are just more tailored to what you will need. I can't help you anymore. The only potential 'upgrade' now would be to somehow acquire magic powers or something." the doctor smirked.

Vanish smiled slightly to the doctor's joke, but was ready to leave. "Am I good Doc? How soon can these upgrades be used?" Vanish asked aware that he may need to get used to them like last time he received basic cybernetics.

"Two hours. After those two hours, your body will be able to use them to their full potential." The Doc said proudly.

"Good. Thanks again Doc. Looks like I owe you another one." Vanish said, preparing to leave.

"Don't worry about either my friend. The time you saved me from that fire caused by some Unioner arsonists was enough to save me twice. Good luck friend, and I hope you give that Hessian Bastard hell." the Doc finished, walking Vanish out.

"If you need repairs, I am always off on Wednesdays and Fridays. So just let me know." he finished, turning to go get some sleep before his date tonight.

Vanish thought about his upgrades and how to get back to his ship, but then remembered the two hour limit. It was alright. Wherever that bastard was he probably wouldn't be going anywhere. It was about an hour and a half back on foot, seeing as how the hovercars ran an average at 300 miles per hour. So, Vanish started walking, the usual whining of basic cybernetics gone. It would be a long, quiet walk back to Rostbern. And Vanish was ready to kill that Hessian dead, twice...

Loki

Post by Loki » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 pm

After finishing the long walk back to Rostbern, Vanish approached his favorite bar, but, rather than taking the known entrance in, he went down a back alley. There was a wall in front of him and he tapped on two of the bricks on opposite sides of the center. A false brick disappeared, and a computerized voice chimed up.

"Enter authorization codes." the Microsoft Mike-esque voice canned out.

"The Shadow Has Returned. Dark places are no longer safe." Vanish replied, his deep, growling voice sounded menacing to any normal person, and he heard foot steps run away in fear.

The "bricks" about a meter wide slid up to just over 9 feet from the ground. Vanish walked in, and the false wall slammed down behind him. Lights flickered on as a nearby thermal sensor detected him. Vanish walked in as though he were hunting for something.

After about one-hundred meters, there was a long, steep spiral staircase descending to darkness, with a tiny light at the bottom.The remaining thirty minutes had passed, and he jumped over the edge of the railing, dropping hundreds of feet into the darkness. A few seconds of falling and he landed in the center of the spiral staircase, his jump pack firing a few times along the drop to slow him down.

Where he landed, he could see a light near a door with an old symbol of Germany from Earth. It was a symbol forgotten by all. Except those who went to this information hub. The Blood Red Swastika stained the center of the door. It did not represent the exploits of Hitler here. It meant something else. It was the emblem of a secret society of underground Assassins and Smugglers called the Reichischtadt. These individuals were the people who had deserted the Rheinland Federal Bureau of Emendation.

Vanish walked to the door, and tapped on it twice. A slider opened and two eyes appeared from within. The eyes recognized Vanish and disappeared, followed by a heavy unlocking sound and the massive sliding door squealed as it opened. Vanish waited patiently and entered once the burly man behind the door motioned him in.

He walked directly to the bar, and tapped four times on it, sitting at a nearby stool. The bartender finished taking care of the patron, and walked around to Vanish.

"What does zhe Shadow need?" she asked, a deep Rheinlandic accent from only the highest reaches of New Berlin's upper class.

In somewhat plain English, he replied: "To find a Demon." he replied, his mechanical eyes staring coldly at the bartender.

She relaxed a bit, speaking more candidly: "Let me guess, it has somezing to do vith zhe Hessian on zhe Television?"

"Yes. The bastard wants me for some reason, and took Angelika. Any leads on where the bastard went?" Vanish asked, anger so intense, sickness started rising in his stomach.

"Vell, I can say zis. He is not far from here. He is actually in Hamburg City in a place called zhe Open Coffin. It is a central Hessian gazhering point. Right under zhe noses of zhe government, hiding in plain sight if you vill." she finished, giving him a glass of his usual dark, almost black beer.

"Thank you, Hilde." he replied, bowing his head slightly. She was an attractive red-head who had once been with Vanish, but had disappeared underground when the RFBE wouldn't help her take a case where her entire family had been murdered. Vanish was able to help, but once it was found out about his connection to Hilde, he was forbidden from ever meeting her again under penalty of memory erasure. Well, at least while they were both in the RFBE.

"Oh, and Van. Good luck. May zhe gods watch over you." she said, speaking his original name. She was one of the only people who held that privilege.

Loki

Post by Loki » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Vanish walked out of the secret bar, and headed back up to the surface. Now to reach the Open Coffin. He activated his jump pack and flew up to the top of one of the nearby buildings preparing to catch that Hessian bastard. He checked his pistols' energy cartridges, which were full, and prepared to haul ass to the Open Coffin, fight through it if necessary, and see what had become of Angelika.

With a silent leap, Vanish jumped of the edge of the building as the sun began to set. He activated his night-scope and thermal augments to his eyes, and landed on the back of his ship. He dropped into the cockpit and fired up the engines. He was going to make the trip to Hamburg City short, and break through anyone in his way. After a few minutes of silent flight, he heard a lock-on warning. He was being trailed by a Hessian fighter. Instantly, he slid his ship between the buildings while watching his sensors. The Hessian stopped on the other side of the building. Firing the upwards thrusters, Vanish pitched the nose of the Banshee down and locked onto the Hessian. He opened up with his tachyon cannons, and ripped the ship to pieces. Afterwords, he resumed his course to the Open Coffin dodging and killing a fair share of Hessians in urban aerial combat, people on the ground admiring his fighter dancing among the buildings like a dragonfly. A few minutes later, he was near the Hessian bar.

"I'll knock the way he did now." he said to himself, blasting open the front doors. He used his arm terminal to order the fighter to land out of sight, and bolted into the bar amongst the smoke and fire. Using his Night-scope, he opened up with his tachyon blaster, the heavy one made by his friend Reinhardt. In his right hand he fired his photon-pistol, lancing through different targets with each pistol. Once the firefight died down, he switched to stealthy tactics. He found a staircase leading down and walked slowly down it, ignoring the Cardamine-addicted Hessian behind him.

Vanish heard the click and hum of a heat-rod extending behind him. He kept walking forward, but aimed his photon blaster under his arm and opened up with six shots, dropping the druggie behind him. he turned around and picked up the heat rod from the dead fool's hand, and grabbed the other off his belt. He then clipped them to his trench coat's belt, and continued his quiet walk down to his target. After several minutes and flights of stairs, he head Angelika's voice and the Hessian's gruff bass. They were discussing something while....

Vanish stopped his advance, listening to the sounds she was making between sentences and growled. She wasn't even being forced into it. She was enjoying herself while talking about settling some deal.

Vanish's stomach hit the floor, and rage took over all of his being. He waited. Just a few more moments. Then he heard this:

"That was crap, Wolfgang." followed by a laser pistol shot, and the heavy thud of a body. Vanish walked in with both of his heat rods out and armed, connected at the base. He saw a sickening sight. Both Angelika and the older Hessian were fine, and undressed. Except for his pants. A dead Hessian was next to them with a laser shot through his forehead.

The Hessian looked up in time to see a very pissed off Vanish glaring at both him and Angelika.

"What can I say? When I've got it, I've got it." the old man said, grinning mischievously.

Vanish simply glared, his nausea increasing and rage brimming over. The Hessian smiled and pulled out Reinhardt's blaster, and aimed it at Vanish. Two shots rang out, and two missed, tachyon energy burning the wall behind Vanish, who continued to glare like a rabid wolf.

He rushed in, spun around the Hessian and stabbed him in the back with the heat rod, and smiled like a hollow ghost when the Hessian went limp as the heat rod burned through the rest of him. Then he turned to Angelika, still angry.

"Oh, hi Vanish." she said, fear hollowing her voice.

"Explain." was all he said.

"What is there to explain? I did what I had to to survive. Oh, and by the way, nice augmen-" her voice was cut off as his bio-mechanically enhanced hand wrapped around her throat.

Tears, which had been flowing out of whatever emotions Vanish ignored streamed silently down his augments. A muffled crunch was heard as the light in her eyes died. Then, he just let her drop. He opened up his arm terminal and started to input the self-destruct command, but stopped.

"I can't stop now. There will be others, and I will be needed." he said, no emotion in his voice.

He walked out as silently as he had entered. After a few minutes, jumped into his Stealth Banshee and looked one last time at the photograph of him and the two girls. Then realized...

"Oh really?" he asked the air, and then just started laughing happily.

He headed back to the hospital and went to the nurse at the front desk.

"Okay, where did the doctor move Angelika Hoffman? The red-head?" he asked, feeling a little confused.

"Room 529." she replied, fumbling through paperwork.

"Thanks." he headed up to room 529 and knocked on the door.

"Come in." answered Angelika's voice.

Vanish walked in with a bouquet of live roses.

"Thanks so much Van!" she exclaimed happily. She reached up and gave him a hug.

Vanish recalled the events from a few minutes prior and realized that the Angelika he killed was actually a notorious Hessian with the same name as his Angelika. And knew the doctor, in his infinite wisdom, had forseen the issue, and arranged for her to be tranferred before the Hessian could grab her. The give away was the fact that the Hessian Angelika was a dyed red-head, and had no chest surgery. But rather, a spinal surgery and was in fact the Unioner who had been stopped some time ago by Vanish and Angelika. Apparently she was also tied to the Hessians.

Dofod
In-Game Name: various_J_idols
Favorite Ship: Prison liner

Post by Dofod » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 am

[thumbs up] You got some serious talent good sir! I was just casually skimming the first post 2 hours ago, and ...yeah. Now I am writing this jumbled nonsense lol. Hope to read more from you. the twist at end is good-but perhaps can be hinted more during the middle passage, yet perhaps you have done it and I haven't catch it. At any rate still a catchy and appealing novelette.

Loki

Post by Loki » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 am

(O.O.C.: Well, I didn't hint at it. It was supposed to be a surprise twist.)