Close Encounter of the Awkward Kind

Please create any strictly RP threads here.
Note: This forum is only for in-game RP activity. All off-topic posts will be deleted or moved.
SirPaper
In-Game Name: SirPaper
Favorite Ship: Pursuit Drake

Close Encounter of the Awkward Kind

Post by SirPaper » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Direl Paper leaned back in the chair and covered his eyes. He had a lot of respect for the fighters flying under the Corsair name.

The planet-side pencil pushers at planet Crete's Traffic Control however? Not so much.
CTC (Crete Traffic Control): "So, you say that you saw an alien?"

Direl: "That's what I've been saying, yes."

CTC: "Flying in orbit around Crete?"

Direl: "Within spitting distance I'd say."

CTC: "And it was a Nomad?"

Direl: "Couldn't tell. The ship wasn't Nomad though, I know that much."

CTC: "Then... how exactly did you conclude that this ship belonged to an alien?"

Direl: "The transmissions coming from the ship were just... weird. I couldn't really make any of them out, but the noise coming out of that ship sure as hell wasn't human."

CTC: "And you expect us to do what, exactly?"

Direl: "I was actually wondering what you expected US to do. Daniel Galloway Hunt of the CIF is up there right now just trying to talk to the damn thing! It's not attacking us though... at least not yet."

CTC: "Well then, I'm afraid..."
The bespectacled little man's voice trailed off as sirens began blaring outside the office.

Speaker: "Intruder inbound! A lone Hessian fighter has been spotted in the sector."
"Oh for crying out..." Direl didn't bother finishing the thought as he ran from the office and headed towards his ship.
Direl: "Hunt, this is Direl. I heard that a Hessian was spotted in the area, what's your status?"

Hunt: "Target has been destroyed."

Unknown Ship: "E N E M Y ... T E R M I N A T E D."
Direl looked for the source of the new signal. "Well I'll be damned, that alien CAN speak our language after all!" Direl grinned. This could get pretty interesting.

Perhaps it'd be better to let Hunt deal with making a report to Traffic Control though. The Crete authorities might be a little offended if Direl decided to strangle a certain annoying pencil-pusher down there.

OOC: I apologize for speaking for other people (Wolf and Loki) but those are more or less what they said in-game. (Not exact quotes though.)
Last edited by SirPaper on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf_Beta_371
In-Game Name: Wolf_Beta_371
Favorite Ship: Kusari Cruiser
Location: Somewhere in Kusari, usually...I mean, when people are around, anyway

Re: Close Encounter of the Awkward Kind

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:56 pm

OOC: Pretty cool for first RP. :D And np, since it all happened ingame, there's no godmodding of any sort happening. :) )
~Captain of the Corsair Imperial Force~
orangecreamie wrote:Someone once taught me... we must all have the courage to stand up in room full of people and shout; 'Why we doin' this?!'
For that is the essential question; why... why are we doin' what we doin'.

Loki
Favorite Ship: A few of them.

Post by Loki » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 pm

O.O.C.: No problems with this for me either.
[color=yellow]Light[/color] and[color=violet] Dark[/color] are simply different sides of the same coin.

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/103/7/6/My_Gaming_Signature_by_StarHawk4025.jpg[/img]

SirPaper
In-Game Name: SirPaper
Favorite Ship: Pursuit Drake

Post by SirPaper » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:13 pm

OOC: Thanks, did some extra formatting to hopefully make it easier to read. :P

Seth
Kate Seth
In-Game Name: Seth
Favorite Ship: Centi

Post by Seth » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 am

OOC: Now guys that's a really awesome job. So more RP on the way? Also SirPaper you may want to specify a date before the Corsair Senate affairs as Wolf is present there as well and he can't be in two places at the same time.
You are the sum of your decisions. -Aristotle

Wolf_Beta_371

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:53 am

OOC: Hmm...the Zoner Delegation was called into conference among themselves to discuss the matters of the Corsairs. Wolf decided to take a quick flight for a breath of fresh air, and found this dude outside of Crete.
orangecreamie wrote:Someone once taught me... we must all have the courage to stand up in room full of people and shout; 'Why we doin' this?!'

Seth
Kate Seth
In-Game Name: Seth
Favorite Ship: Centi

Post by Seth » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Wolf_Beta_371 wrote:OOC: Hmm...the Zoner Delegation was called into conference among themselves to discuss the matters of the Corsairs. Wolf decided to take a quick flight for a breath of fresh air, and found this dude outside of Crete.
OOC: Edit: Sorry i was just nitpicking. Nvm.
You are the sum of your decisions. -Aristotle

Kraiz
In-Game Name: kraizer
Favorite Ship: Liberty Cruiser

Post by Kraiz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Commander sat there, at his conference table, drumming his pencil on the wood in front of him. He sure hoped that the Zoner Delegation would hurry the fuck up so he could get out of this stupid courtroom.
"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."

Wolf_Beta_371

Post by Wolf_Beta_371 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 am

*Wolf sits in the back of the courtroom, contemplating whether or whether not to set fire to desk in front of him, causing a lock down and the water systems to turn on; or to use the pencil in front of him to flick pieces of paper at the SDS Delegation.*