FTL Jump FLHook

Made playable material for 88 Flak that you want to share with others? Post it here!
darkwraith007

Mirrored Links

Post by darkwraith007 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:29 pm

I was able to download both of the files and mirror them below, along with a re-link of the Destructible Universe mod.
Destructible Universe mod by Integer_Man (NOT ME)

The files in the previous post, mirrored here, 99% guaranteed to work, exactly reuploaded verbatim and unaltered:
FLHook - Old
FLHook - New

ikrase

Post by ikrase » Sat May 16, 2009 1:38 am

I suggest that all players get one teleport per how many hours playing. It's a pain to travle between houses at various times

Bushman
Favorite Ship: Luxury Liner

Post by Bushman » Sun May 17, 2009 7:07 am

Now that this topic has been jolted into life again, I will add another 2 cents to it.

Perhaps instead of a ship jumping from location to location, there could be some special ship, that, through FLHook chat commands, could connect to a jumpgate, activating a jump-gate effect for a set period of time(and then recharging for a set period of time). Players would dock with it like thhey would a regular jump-gate. The destination gate could be any gate that is not locked to the player piloting this "mobile jump-gate." Balancing factors would be a recharge period after each use, reduced armor, and fewer guns than most Mobile Stations.

ikrase

Post by ikrase » Sun May 31, 2009 1:40 pm

Sounds like the Mobile Trade lane Ring.

M0tah
Forum Administrator
Favorite Ship: Pursuit Banshee

Post by M0tah » Sun May 31, 2009 3:28 pm

I was recently sent a new version of this. I'm told it's much more bug-free than the earlier versions and it's based on the newest FLHook release (1.6.5 instead of 1.6.0).
[img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3442/thedeathofaroguebtx2.jpg[/img]

Bushman
Favorite Ship: Luxury Liner

Post by Bushman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 am

Bump.

Spooker
In-Game Name: Spooker
Favorite Ship: Anything with a !LAYZOR! mount

Post by Spooker » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Outsider wrote:A problem I see with FTL travel is that it would make trading waaaaaaaaay too easy. If you can jump from system to system in a snap, it's easy to load up on Cardamine at Planet Malta, then beam over to Manhatten and sell for a huge profit. >_>
that would be awesome by the way :)

wintercross

Re: FTL Jump FLHook

Post by wintercross » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 am

Does someone know how to intergrate the FTL jumps in Flak 88?
I have a slightly modified version I use for LANs, and FTL jumps would be great, I just don't realy have any experiance with FLHook.

Lunamon
System Chat Extraordinaire

Post by Lunamon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 pm

So, uh, exactly what is the FTL jump?

wintercross

Post by wintercross » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:56 pm

ConMan8 wrote:So, uh, exactly what is the FTL jump?
You type in 'ftl 0 500000 500000' for example, and your ship teleports to those coordinates.
basicaly a faster than light jump.

thedarkmarauder
24/7 Server Operator
Favorite Ship: dagger
Location: hiding in the farthest reaches of the void, lost to all

Post by thedarkmarauder » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:08 pm

FTL jumps would destabalise any sense of balance that the game currently has
in essence we would never have a fight again because all players would just jump to safety

wintercross

Post by wintercross » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 am

thedarkmarauder wrote:FTL jumps would destabalise any sense of balance that the game currently has
in essence we would never have a fight again because all players would just jump to safety
Don't get me wrong, I am aware of this and I agree. However, I have an altered version of Flak that I use for private LAN games with my friends and brothers. We normaly RP a military squad vs ai, or sometimes split into two groups, disable AI and fight each other.

I would like to incorporate the FTL jumps into my modded version, for my private lans. I would never suggest the balance of the origional flak get ruined. It's just something I would like for personal use; but as I don't fully understand the process of FL hook, I'm just wondering if someone would be able to help me to intergrate the code into my modded version of flak.

thedarkmarauder
24/7 Server Operator
Favorite Ship: dagger
Location: hiding in the farthest reaches of the void, lost to all

Post by thedarkmarauder » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:54 am

that sounds like something I'd be interested in as well
could make a pretty fun mod with that in it
though it'd be a bit too late in FLs dateline for many new mods

M0tah
Forum Administrator
Favorite Ship: Pursuit Banshee

Post by M0tah » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm

wintercross wrote:Does someone know how to intergrate the FTL jumps in Flak 88?
I have a slightly modified version I use for LANs, and FTL jumps would be great, I just don't realy have any experiance with FLHook.
This will only work with RC127 or earlier (RC128 and later use an updated version of FLHook). Get this and copy FLHook.dll to the exe directory. Next add the FTL settings to FLHook.ini by looking in the ftl version's FLHook.ini for ftl. I'm not sure exactly what the settings do, though, you'll have to figure that out on your own.
[img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3442/thedeathofaroguebtx2.jpg[/img]

wintercross

Post by wintercross » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:10 pm

M0tah wrote:This will only work with RC127 or earlier (RC128 and later use an updated version of FLHook). Get this and copy FLHook.dll to the exe directory. Next add the FTL settings to FLHook.ini by looking in the ftl version's FLHook.ini for ftl. I'm not sure exactly what the settings do, though, you'll have to figure that out on your own.
Ok, thanks for the help M0tah. I'll play around with it and see what happens. :D