Star Citizen

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't relate to 88 Flak.
kroati
Favorite Ship: Liberator

Star Citizen

Post by kroati » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 am

So, Chris Roberts (the guy behind Freelancer) is making a new game, somewhat of a spiritual successor to Freelancer which will include the stuff that was planned for it (in MMO style tho). :D

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/start/
-Is currently down. How unexpected.
http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/star-ci ... ur-dreams/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIC2B9UVPM

SomeGuy
In-Game Name: Icarus

Re: Star Citizen

Post by SomeGuy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:30 am

Yes I've found out about his neat project about at the beginning of October. Looks promising, he's already amassed over $500k. This could be the next Freelancer. I am impatiently waiting for it to reach $2mil, and will donate what I can spare. :D

Dofod
In-Game Name: various_J_idols
Favorite Ship: Prison liner

Post by Dofod » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:05 am

Do the right thing. Now.

Segolia
In-Game Name: Segolia
Favorite Ship: Lifeboat(buttplug)

Post by Segolia » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

I want to pledge $125 too, I don't have the money atm but I should be able to get it before the pledge ends.

Also, I can't believe I found this posted here like a day after they finished doing the golden ticket thing...

HeIIoween
24/7 Server Operator
In-Game Name: Camperman
Favorite Ship: Maneurable

Post by HeIIoween » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 pm

I have money but will not pledge because RSI have not said concretely for what - No warranty that this game will not have same doom as Freelancer. I'm sure they dont not know what will happen with the project :)
Last edited by HeIIoween on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dofod

Post by Dofod » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 pm

@ Segolia yeah i wasn't thinking too much about the amount, I was looking at the goodies they offered, lol. Also the tier i bought is called "freelancer" so it has that attachment to me (besides their initial-logo is identical to my actual name's initial, but yeah lol) but really anything from $30 onward is good as the game would then be sent along with possible participation in alpha/beta tests.

@ Helloween as for the unknown its indeed a risk that I have decided is within my acceptance range, and hence my pledge-there is an option for a full refund but I didn't check at it, but you can always select it to have your funding secured. I totally agree with you about games like this often started with a bang but seldom follows through, I sincerely hope it can came to fruition tho.

Segolia

Post by Segolia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 am

@ Dofod - I intend to pledge regardless of if I make that amount or not. At the rate I'm earning money though, I'm pretty sure I could make that much in 18 days (I have $100 already). I mostly looked at the goodies too (they had me sold at "spaceship shaped USB stick with the game on it" :D - I'm a total sucker...)

@ Helloween - The FAQ says if the goal is not reached you have the choice to get a refund. I sure hope this project sees fruition though (and it looks like they've mostly met their goal anyways, there is a kickstarter which has already raised ~360k in addition to the main website - though it's unclear if the kickstarter funds are included in amount shown on the main site)

Wolf
In-Game Name: Wolf
Favorite Ship: Kusari Gunboat (So Small lol)
Location: The Shadow at the edge of your cockpit you can never turn far enough to see

Post by Wolf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:30 am

The way they are raising money they should be able to make 2 mil, over a day they were able to raise 100 000. Its at 1 540 000 now and there is still about 22 to 23 days until the pledging is closed
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V

Segolia

Post by Segolia » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Wolf wrote:The way they are raising money they should be able to make 2 mil, over a day they were able to raise 100 000. Its at 1 540 000 now and there is still about 22 to 23 days until the pledging is closed
Ooh, they lined up the initial pledge with the kickstarter end date, that's handy

Segolia

Post by Segolia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 am

The deed is done

Dofod

Post by Dofod » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:35 am

ah gj good sir. now only hope for the best and see what comes out @ OCT/NOV '13.

Zeus
In-Game Name: Zeus
Favorite Ship: Sabre, VHF's ftw

Post by Zeus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:13 pm

DOFOD ON SC CHAT

Regards,
Zeus

Dofod

Post by Dofod » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Just a quick note that SC has gone over 6.5M as of today Nov.23, 2012. Don't know how Chris Roberts & co did it, but they did managed to squeeze every single drop of funding from these rather dedicated fans. (~70usd pledged per person and include duplicates/dual donations at both KS and own site). Now 6.5M isn't really that much comparing with hundreds of millions big titles received but I always view Big Guys' budget with a lot of advertising overhead and cross-title work..anyway, With Mod tools promised [promised emphasized] perhaps we can do a Freelancer remake with SC, or perhaps, a Flak 88 on SC? just a dream right now, but yeah.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

HeIIoween
24/7 Server Operator
In-Game Name: Camperman
Favorite Ship: Maneurable

Post by HeIIoween » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 am

We can do it at any engine like Unity and Cryengine 3 but who's interested to waste the time?
P.S. I think if they get 7 000 000 there will not vBulletin forums ;)

XeNd
Forum Administrator

Post by XeNd » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:59 pm

At this moment thay have got 14,858,581 usd.

Anyone gone play it..?
I have joined BWC and cant wait to start playing, but it may not be this year.
Will be fun to see what can be modded on private servers when time come.. Hope to see some of you out there, i go under the name EreWen.. Not a Pirate this time..