Star Citizen

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't relate to 88 Flak.
HeIIoween
24/7 Server Operator
In-Game Name: Camperman
Favorite Ship: Maneurable

Re: Star Citizen

Post by HeIIoween » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:04 pm

I won't play, its affair

XeNd
Forum Administrator

Post by XeNd » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Not even if you get your own server? hmm, well i think one day you will.. :)
Btw, i have that ship in my hangar.. :)

HeIIoween
24/7 Server Operator
In-Game Name: Camperman
Favorite Ship: Maneurable

Post by HeIIoween » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:55 am

Nononono. I even have not purchased Lancer Pledge :D

Dofod
In-Game Name: various_J_idols
Favorite Ship: Prison liner

Post by Dofod » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Well once the hanger module of Star citizen is up and running sometime early August I probably would crop a few pics for all to see, perhaps. Lately really got *very* busy on RL stuff so don't really have much time playing any games to be honest. I did purchased a few tho, bought a few off those GOG.com sale weekends for collection's sake but yeah, didn't have time playing them yet. As for flak i actually uninstalled the new server and returned back to Jay's Vanilla server with HD pack [client] @ starport. Nothing particular just a few fly arounds.

XeNd
Forum Administrator

Post by XeNd » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:38 am

Life goes on, some of us have had Freelancer in our heads for almost 10 years now, and still planing, its strange how long time that game have been around.
The problem i see now with FL is all the new players that could have joined, is how to get the game, if they had re released with the new gun server and some small updates on GOG , there had been a boom of players.

I now this can be in the gray zone, but i made some files that make it possible to just download and unpack FL to a new dir, and run it, maybe some of you will try, its only server fix and hd update, its only EN edition, but i think it can be done on all languages.

HD with server fix and better screen. EN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx //Its not a MOD /Run freelancer.exe as Administrator first time.

Original with no update. EN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx //Its not a MOD /Run freelancer.exe as Administrator first time.

I shut down my server already in 2007, not that there was no players, but simply because i was hid by a cheat wave, and the fun was gone.

I also have a Vanilla server running, with password, just to listen to the FL music and do some PvP with friends, but it ain't many times a year I'm in there. :(

I relay hope some of the good server admins will setup there own SC server when its possible, it will be real fun to see all the modding that can be done on something big like that..

Pascal05
In-Game Name: Pascal05
Favorite Ship: Anubis (original)

Post by Pascal05 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey everyone,
Much as it pains us, letting go is always difficult. I can't begin to guess at how much time and effort I have put into FreeLancer. I know I played Vanilla at least fifty times. I have played the mods and have even been working on a mod of my own. I recently post a question here to solve a question I had and XeNd answered it and put me on track. (The solararch.ini was the answer). Even if Star Citizen exceeds all of our dreams of a real sequal to FreeLancer, I will probably keep playing it off-and-on for a long time. The writting is on the wall, however, I only earn a disability income and probably would struggle to get into SC. I just hope my 3-year old laptop can handle the program. I rather doubt it as anything new usually needs more power.
I have looked at the SC site and the ships and story have great appeal to me. Though I look at ships like I look at cars. I really only need to get to point B. Of course, killing the enemy on the way is much better than a car. I did an appeal to Microsoft to do a sequal to FreeLancer. I had some arguments explaining the benefit to them. Their reply, at least to me, only showed that they are getting away from PC games to embrace X-box. Besides, I believe the coding did get lost on the way from Digital Anvil to Microsoft. And if so, I don't have a look of surprise on my face.
No, the real end is coming. People are moving away and the servers are showing the facts. Less people are keeping their interest in the game. SC is saying the modding, the factions and groups all have a place with them. The universe is a much larger place and full of surprises. My favorite little giggle is that you can buy ship insurance. And one other thought. When they did the work on FL, I know much of that 3 years was just creating all of the programing and ALL those ini files. Then MS couldn't wait and pushed for the release. I don't know about most people, but I can tell the missions were rushed, especially from mission 5 on. Too many holes in the story and continuity of the plot. To have a universe ready to do the public offering shows they had to have had their ducks in a row. Otherwise, next years release would be fantasy.
Now I will always love FreeLancer. Of course I loved X-Wing, Dungeon Master, Dungeon Siege and a lot of other great games. NOTHING can take thier places, just as NOTHING can replace FreeLancer. But the first two I mentioned can't even be played on today's machines. Even these days people are having problems getting their machines to be backward compatavle to FreeLancer. Aloha, not goodbye, FreeLancer.
Pascal05

ClintDo

Post by ClintDo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:04 am

I hope the lack of posts doesn't mean you guys have given up on Star Citizen. Anyone still excited about it?