1.27 Bots (picture heavy)

Discuss general things about the mod here.
fox
Yay Pink! (it's badass)
In-Game Name: foxBoxInc
Favorite Ship: fox's Diablo (LF)

1.27 Bots (picture heavy)

Post by fox » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:57 am

Current bot list (21 total + 4 custom bot slots):

KittBot (Defender: B)
foxBot (Rheinland Gunboat: A-)
HowdaDoodeWTF (Predator: A-)
Osiris (Osiris: A)
Outsider's Followers (Liberator: B+)
Trickbot (Wolfhound: B)
SonaBot (Sleeper Ship: A)
Grim's Green (Hammerhead: B+)
Dread Pirate Lowsound (Serafina: B)
ww2JacobBot (Liberty Dreadnought: A)
Wo3dy (Rheinland Battleship: A)
foxBot (SmOp Diablo: B)
foxBot (SmOp Heretic: B)
KittBot (Liberty Cruiser: A-)
Dread Pirate Lowsound (Kusari Gunboat: A-)
Dread Pirate Lowsound (Nomad Fighter: B+)
foxBot (Nomad Gunboat: A-)
ChipBot (CSV: B+)
ChipBot (Depot: A)
DarkMarauderBot (Dagger: B)
Trickbot (Dromedary: B)
Character-Generated Bot 1 (Custom, made with Bot Generator)
Character-Generated Bot 2 (Custom, made with Bot Generator)
Character-Generated Bot 3 (Custom, made with Bot Generator)
Character-Generated Bot 4 (Custom, made with Bot Generator)

And, well, I'll just sorta let the pictures speak for 'emselves.

Ladies and gentlemen, though it isn't perfect yet, I've constructed a go-anywhere-with-you shoot-only-your-enemes bot companion. Although it only works in multiplayer (same reasons as wingmen), it is aimed at providing the lone Flak player a little compensation for any lack of a real comrade.

To make it nice and simple, I'll list the pros and cons the bots currently possess:

Pros:
+ An AI companion (or squad of companions) that will accompany you where-ever your travels take you. You may also choose what your bots attack.
+ A selection of bots to choose from, ranging from fighters to battleships. Each bot has its own unique name and ship loadout.
+ The ability to create your own bots (view AI Companion Bot FAQ in the 88 Flak readme for more info)
+ Enhanced AI for the bots - a single bot can easily mow down several NPCs, much like how a player could.
+ Bots require no money to assist the player - simply fly around, the bots will 'find' you, and offer assistance / follow you, like wingmen.
+ They follow you through EVERY system.
+ The bots are designed to work for co-operative play with a friend (or friends), however players that are further than 10Km from another player will receive a bot squad of their own - so to keep things fair, it is advised that players stick close together.

Cons:
- Bots have a tendancy to take a little bit of time to 'find' the player after the player launches from a base, jumps systems, or logs in. There isn't a really reliable method to solve this; however, just fly around in the area you lauched / jumped / logged into, or just start travelling to your destination. Either way, the bots will eventually come to your position.
- You can not hire wingmen while bots are with you. FL only allows one NPC wing at a time on a player, and the bots currently take up that position.

Bots will be an official feature in 1.27, however will be included as a seperate patch, similar to the soundtrack patch. When activated, it will present an option of which bots you would like to have follow you. You can have up to 4 bots and get to pick each individual bot in your squad - thus, you can have 2 fighter bots and a Capital Ship bot, or 4 Capital Ship bots, etc.

Finally, although bot requests have officially closed, if you really REALLY want yourself as a bot, IM me on MSN and we may be able to work something out.
Last edited by fox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 am, edited 12 times in total.
Oldschool.

Outsider

Post by Outsider » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Bot name: Outsider's Follower (I think that is proper grammar, if not, change..)
Ship: Predator
Loadout: 2x cl. 9 tachyon weapon (Not the Rheinland one)
------------2x shield buster (the best)
------------2x hull killer
------------Integrated Thruster.. x2 plz lol
------------2x lvl. 10 champion shield
------------BFG
------------BFS
------------Nomad Hunter
------------Regular Tractor
------------BPL Magnet :twisted:
Uh.. if I'm missing something else, tell me.
Voice: Male lawful / male un-lawful, you choose what would work for me. :P
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/me233/Knightsigfullb.jpg[/img]
zomg, only one image nao!

Deetex

Post by Deetex » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:59 pm

Trickbot
Wolfhound
3x any kind of high-end puls weapon, other hardpoints various missile types, again your call
1 delux thruster
1 level 8 molecular shield(forgot name)
regular tractor and scanner
and preferably some high-powered engine, one with a quick cruise.

Lochen

Post by Lochen » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Well, guess it is time to unveil the Xandas Strain ships, if you use one, please stay out of its way unless you want to die.

Name: Xandas Strain Bioship
Ship: Xandas Strain Bioship
Loadout: 1x Nanite Orb, 1x Telekinetic Bolt, 6x Thickened Coating
Loadout: 1x Bio-Shield, NO THRUSTER, Nomad Hunter scanner
Voice: if possible no voice, if not Male Lawful

(edit - forgot it can hold 8 weapon/addon, not just 6)

For anyone who uses this, please stay out of its way, it can take out out in friendly fire in 3 seconds even if in a battleship. Keep in mind that this thing cant use its thruster if you want to see it, thruster is a dimensional ripper, goes 10km per second. The ship will be killable if you get a HUGE armada against it, but the size of shield and shield regen should keep it alive as well as a BPL ship. The non-thruster engine on this goes up to 900 speed without cruise.

Backstory on the Xandas Strain (extra extra simple version)

The Xandas Strain are a race that has evolved to the point that they all share a hive-mind which controls a incredibly large ammount of bio-organic nanobots. The hivemind is composed of a large number of minds, each of which is still an individual, and they are all able to access a large body of matter to use for interacting with the world. They have highly advanced mental powers due to having been around for longer than our galaxy has. They are mostly peaceful and currently allied with the Blood Dragons against the Nomads.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

fox
Yay Pink! (it's badass)

Post by fox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:44 pm

Alright, as of now I am taking no more bot requests. At the moment there are 10 bots in the mod, and although I may add a few more, for now that's it. If you still really, really, really want a bot (for instance, you didn't see the topic until way later), catch me on MSN and we may be able to work something out.
Oldschool.

wo3dy

Post by wo3dy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:46 am

yeah fox :twisted: :twisted: twisted bot you hae there with rheinland bs :twisted: :twisted:
BH-1243D
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/bloodywoedy/AngelGuitarcopy.png[/img]

Sona
In-Game Name: Sona
Favorite Ship: Luxury Liner

Post by Sona » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 pm

wow...that looks awesome the way you mounted that (what is it?) gunboat gun ona liberty cruiser!

fox
Yay Pink! (it's badass)

Post by fox » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Heh, I forgot, you're the one who likes forward guns, huh? =P

Yeah, I set the Liberty Cruiser up in a way that you could mount ANY gun in the forward gun slot, and it wouldn't look out of place. That gun in the picture is actually the Bretonia Forward Gun, because personally I like its swirling shot a little better than Liberty's beam (Kusari's looks cool, however, because it launches a large round shot that looks very painful every time you get hit with it, same with Rheinland)
Oldschool.

darkwraith007

uh...

Post by darkwraith007 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:39 am

While its understandable that you'd want yourself and some other close friends as bots, you have 'foxbot' in there several times (albeit in a different loadout).

I believe you (or someone else) had at one time made a program to 'turn yourself into a bot' using your save file. Though the resulting bot would only work if you ran the MP server on your own computer, it was an interesting idea.

Anyone know what I'm talking about here? I wish I could pull up the link but I believe it was on the ModDB somewhere. It might fulfill people's wishes of being their own bot or making their own bot, if only on their own computer.

M0tah
Forum Administrator
Favorite Ship: Pursuit Banshee

Post by M0tah » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:43 am

This is the save converter I wrote. Look at Flak's readme for more information.
[img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3442/thedeathofaroguebtx2.jpg[/img]

fox
Yay Pink! (it's badass)

Post by fox » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 am

Heh, forgot about this old topic. I've done a little updating to the information.
Oldschool.

LoneStar
Favorite Ship: Serafina ALL THE WAY BABY!

Post by LoneStar » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey Fox, i knwo you said no bot, but I'd like to have a bot after me but in a Serafina modded the way i have modded one (non-torpedo heave one, the one with the missles comming out the body)

Its the one that i places four hard points in the aft section of the ship, two turreted like hard points on the outermost wings. Let me know if you woul dlike the files to peek at before you accept this. If not accpted just the normal serafina with missles and some good guns.

darkwraith007

Post by darkwraith007 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Only one request, none of the bots should have any ship configuration or equipment that is unobtainable by normal players.

That's all.

thedarkmarauder
24/7 Server Operator
Favorite Ship: dagger
Location: hiding in the farthest reaches of the void, lost to all

Post by thedarkmarauder » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:53 pm

darkwraith007 wrote:Only one request, none of the bots should have any ship configuration or equipment that is unobtainable by normal players.

That's all.
agreed, save the impossible setups for the boss ships that fox plans on adding

darkwraith007

Post by darkwraith007 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Then there should be a *small* chance of them dropping ONE rare item at least...a rare commodity perhaps.