The DSE Storage Area

Discuss general things about the mod here.
Pascal05
In-Game Name: Pascal05
Favorite Ship: Anubis (original)

The DSE Storage Area

Post by Pascal05 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Ok,
I have a new quest I've started on my mod. For the past couple months I have been trying to duplicate the DSE storage site betwee Manhattan and West Point. I think it's a really fun section, just watching Junkers and Rogues trying to attack it.

The parts I have "pasted" so far are;
DATA\EQUIPMENT
weapon_equip.ini
weapon_equip.ini
weapon_good.ini
misc_equip.ini
&
DATA\SOLAR
loadouts.ini
solararch.ini

So far it just sits there even if I let part of the DSE Storage area get hit by their friendly fire. I'm not sure why I want to add this yet, but it is starting to be obsessive to figure out.
The mod I am working on is based on the Vanilla game with Trent's missions. I don't believe in balancing ships, because most enemies are pack animals, they hunt in groups. It makes no sense to be equal when out-numbered. However, because they generally do cause damage and take up ordinance, I am adding "bonus" commodities to help offset their costs.
As an aside to this question, I also wonder how the police state is eliminated. I really hate, "You don't mind if I seach you for any contraband, do you"? I think of them as damned nazis. So for fun, I increased thruster speed so they can't keep up to make their scan. They usually have to be within 60 clicks to complete their scan. NPC ships are only outfitted with standard thrusters so any upgrade you purchase works. I also increased the yeild from mining astroids based on the 88 Flak model, though not as much yield. Most of it is cosmet, though I did eliminate those pesky stop and click this box notifications. I hate having to click those boxes so I can play MY game. Don't like being treated like a rookie everytime I play.
Thanks in advance,
Pascal05

HeIIoween
24/7 Server Operator
In-Game Name: Camperman
Favorite Ship: Maneurable

Re: The DSE Storage Area

Post by HeIIoween » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:35 am

So. Where is the question?

Pascal05
In-Game Name: Pascal05
Favorite Ship: Anubis (original)

Re: The DSE Storage Area

Post by Pascal05 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:51 am

Hey,
The files listed are the ones I have been trying out to modify the DSE Storage Area in vanilla FL to mimic the Flak version. All changes are in relation to co_wps_gun01_mark02, the platform guns.
QUESTION: What other area am I missing to get this platform to work right?
Pascal05